The French American School of Tampa Bay is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing a working and learning environment free from harassment and discrimination. No employee of the school, student of the school or applicant to the school shall be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation (including gender identity and expression), physical or mental disability, or status as a veteran, whistleblower or any other status protected by law. We will also not tolerate any harassment or discriminatory conduct by any third party visiting our school, including parents, trustees or vendors.
Elementary School Teacher
The French American School of Tampa Bay offers an educational experience entirely in French, instilling in our students a constant curiosity towards foreign languages and the world’s diverse cultures.
We are looking for a full-time Elementary School Teacher with the ability to read, write and speak French at a very high level of fluency.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Instruct elementary school students individually and in groups, using various teaching methods such as lectures, discussions, and demonstrations;
- Adapt teaching methods to meet elementary school students varying needs and interests;
- Establish clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects and communicate these objectives to elementary school students;
- Establish and enforce rules for behavior and procedures for maintaining order among the elementary school students for whom they are responsible;
- Meet with parents and guardians to discuss their children's progress and to determine priorities for their children and their resource needs;
- Prepare materials and classrooms for elementary school class activities;
- Observe and evaluate elementary school students' performance, behavior, social development, and physical health;
- Teach elementary school students exclusively in the French language.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor’s degree in Education or closely related field. Experience must include two years of experience as a Classroom Teacher, and you must read, write and speak French at a very high level of fluency.
Job Type: Full-Time
To Apply: Send CV to email@example.com and ref Job# 12178603 in the subject line.
The French American School of Tampa Bay is an equal-opportunity employer. We value and embrace diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, religion, gender,
The French American School of Tampa Bay (FASTB) offers a multicultural educational experience through French immersion from Early Childhood through grade 6, instilling in our students a constant curiosity towards foreign languages and the diverse cultures of the world. The multicultural approach at FASTB provides students the opportunity to benefit from French and American education systems, combining the approaches of two different and complementary educational methods. The education is further enhanced by exposure to both cultures.
The French American School of Tampa Bay is looking for enthusiastic and engaging Preschool and Elementary Classroom Assistant Teachers. Assistant Teachers must be caring, knowledgeable, and passionate about the social & emotional development, as well as the academic development of students.
Applicants must have the following:
- Background in Early Childhood and/or Elementary Education
- AMS or AMI Montessori training ideal
- Experience in an Immersion/Bilingual classroom/school
- Native speaker of French or fluent in the target language
- Excel in communication
- Be nurturing, and provide a respectful and caring learning environment
- Be authorized to work in the United States
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume/CV, and 3 letters of reference.
Job Type: Full-time